Friday, April 13, 2007

WEBSITE: How to Enjoy Many Books

In the spirit of my previous post about Wikipedia browsing, here are some tips for getting the most out of another website I love: Many Books Net. This website features more than 15,000 ebooks, most from the Project Gutenberg catalogue, available in a variety of formats. It is not my only e-book stop: with Project Gutenberg boasting 20,000 plus titles, and Project Gutenberg of Australia bumping the total catalogue up even more, there are times I do go elsewhere. But Many Books has some nice features not found in these other sites, the best of which is a menu for each title which lets you choose your download format (palmdoc, PDF and others) or read directly on-line. The title's page also sometimes (but not always) has a short excerpt and summary.

What really makes Many Books fun are the browse features, though. Here is a rundown of the best of it:
I like Project Gutenberg for its simple, plain-text files readable by any machine. But when I just want to browse, or when I know I will be downlaoding directly to read on my Palm device, I much prefer going to Many Books Net.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Bookyards said...

Enjoyed reading your post.

For everyone’s info, we at Bookyards ( http://www.bookyards.com ) have compiled a good collection of free digital libraries with books available for downloading for free. Just go to Bookyards “Library Collections - E Books” at http://www.bookyards.com/links.html?type=links&category_id=1780
There are approximately 550 digital libraries separated alphabetically and by category, with over 500,000 unique ebooks

Bookyards is a free online library located at www.bookyards.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home