Friday, April 27, 2007

E-BOOK: Wikibooks Language Courses

Sorry for the radio silence this week. I got in over my head a little with work stuff. I am working on a more balanced schedule, especially as I am starting a course next week, and will be posting regularly again. Anyway, today's link is Wikibooks, a neat website which uses the 'wiki' model of user-edited content to organize information into books. Most of the books contain liberal links to related content on Wikipedia and elsewhere as well.

As I will be starting a course next week which will license me to teach French, I have been brushing up on all things French using every resource I can find. Among the texts I looked at was the Wikipedia French Language Course. Much of it was a little basic for my needs, and I can be picky about format for stuff like this, but I certainly respect this project for its ambition and its open source model.

Numerous other language programs are available through Wikibooks. Some are more comprehensive than others, but most contain at least enough to give a broad overview and some helpful links for further study.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home