Friday, April 06, 2007

AUDIO BOOK: Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter

As I have blogged previously, 'Pollyanna' by Eleanor H. Porter is one of my favourite children's classics. I was delighted to find that Librivox has just released it as an audiobook. Mary Anderson reads the whole thing herself (I always prefer the solo projects on Librivox to the group efforts) and is a serviceable, unobtrusive narrator. The Librivox entry also has links to the e-text and to related Wikipedia content, so I won't bother linking to it again :)

In other news from Librivox, they released 70 new titles during their 'March Madness' event, and have a new searchable catalogue which lets you filter the catalogue by title, author or status. If you want to filter in other ways (such as by genre, reader, language or only solo/only group readings, you can do that too, but you'll need to click through to the advanced search page for that). Kudos to Librivox for the improvements. They remain one of the most prolific, consistent providers of free audiobooks and public domain audio content on the net. Thanks for the new stuff, you guys! Now, the book:

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger nina-web said...

Thanks, that was a great tip. After listening with great pleasure to the whole recording, I sent Mary a short note on the Librivox Forum to show my appreciation. She was extremely pleased and said it was the first feedback she got (she didn't know about your blog post either). Maybe it would be a good idea to give the Librivox readers some friendly feedback for all their efforts.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Yes, thank you very much for your kind words. I appreciate knowing some one enjoyed my efforts. :-) Thank you, nina, too, for telling me about this "good press."

I was curious, what does "serviceable" mean to you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home