Monday, March 26, 2007

ADMIN: Announcing Debut of Commons Press

This is the big project that has kept me silent all week :) I started my own tiny little e-press. I wanted to give something back to the Creative Commons community after becoming such an avid consumer, and I wanted to have a place to allow other quality authors to share their work. If you have something you want me to consider adding to my index (with a resultant pimp on this blog, of course) just publish it at Scribd or the Internet Archive under a Creative Commons license, and if I like it, I will add it to my Commons Press index here.

As for my first title, it's a cookbook/idea book called The Lunchbox Gourmet. I have become more and more creative with my packed lunches ever since food allergies made buying food on the go more difficult. I have amassed a large collection of quick and easy, allergy-friendly, mostly vegetarian sandwich/wrap ideas, freezeable treats ready to go with minimal prep work, quick to assemble pack and go items, snacks, side dishes, thermos recipes and canned soup substititutes. At Scribd, you can download it in a variety of formats, order a printed copy or read it on-line. And share the link! It is commons-licensed and wants to be free.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Matthew McClintock said...

Is it OK to re-post your work (under Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike) to a site like manybooks.net? -- the site has advertising on some pages, and doesn't charge for downloads.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Ficbot said...

I suppose, under the share-alike, it is technically permissable. I guess I would rather not because manybooks is an eBOOk site and not an e-PAMPHLET site...I suppose I think it needs a little more heft before we could call it ready to be archived for the ages :) I am fine just having it on scribd for now, if that's okay...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home