Tuesday, January 23, 2007

AUDIO: 15+ Complete Language Courses

I was just stunned when I found this resource, it's that fabulous. The Foreign Service Institute, is a branch of the United States Government which exists to provide cultural and language-related training to government personnel about to be deployed overseas. A website has made available complete copies of their earlier courses, which are public domain material. I only looked in detail at the French one because I am involved in French study now for work purposes, and it had a PDF textbook over 300 pages long, and several dozen lengthy audio lessons in MP3 format, all free for the downloading. I am not sure how useful a PDF-format book will be to me, and I think I have most of that material in other forms, but I will be downloading the audio classes. And there are plenty of other languages available too: Hebrew, German, Greek, Korean, Mandarin, Spanish and more. Check it out here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home