Wednesday, October 18, 2006

MUSIC: The Lone 15 Megs Refugee

15 Megs has apparently shut down. I'm not sure why, and I am quite disappointed. I blogged about them twice already, and found a lot of great songs there. I did a search on the artists whose work I featured, and out of nearly a dozen, there was just one lone refugee who a) had a website b) had the song on the website and c) had it marked properly as being licensed under a Creative Commons license. There were two more who had commercial sites that either did not feature the song(s) in question or featured them, but did not have them marked as Commons-friendly.

I'll leave the posts up in case you want to go hunting for any of these musicians yourself, but be aware that the links in my posts will no longer take you anywhere. In the meanwhile, I hope you enjoy this tune from our lone Commons refugee. It's actually one of my favourites and I am glad it survived the massacre at 15 Megs. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you:

Deshead, I Meant to Remember

Great song, Deshead. I'll be keeping an eye on your site!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home