Tuesday, October 24, 2006

E-BOOK: E-Books Post-1930

As a follow-up to my previous posts about Peter Boxall's best books list, I thought I would take a stab at seeing what's out there post-1930. These modern works would fall automatically under copyright but for their author making them available otherwise, either by choosing to give up the copyright and release the work into the public domain, or more commonly, by the author using a Creative Commons license to allow the work to gain readership while still maintaining certain rights over it. Additionally, works released by the government are often in the public domain at publication in spite of the release date.

All of this is a bit of a long-winded preamble, I suppose. But anyway, here is my *very* subjective guide to the post-1930 e-book world. I have limited myself to works listed at manybooks.net both for the simplicty and variety of a central hunting ground, and because they make the works available in so many formats for easy downloading. I have not read every title here, but rather have collected here the ones which I have either enjoyed already, or for which a preview piqued my interest. In no particular order:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home