Saturday, July 08, 2006

MUSIC: Jonathan Coulton

Jonathan Coulton is my new favourite singer-guy. His stuff is very pop-ish, with well-written lyrics that have a sort of quirky bent. Chiron Beta Prime is my favourite so far, and it's a Christmas song about evil robots. He has a blog-style thingie he does too with a weekly song. Standouts include:

Rock and Roll Boy (incorporating found music from the Internet Archive)
Tom Cruise Crazy(surprisingly catchy considering the subject)
The Presidents (each line presents a fact about one president)
Podsafe Christmas Song (with hilarious dialogue commentary)

I have five subsribers now! Hi, you guys! I have no idea who found me, but I send you hearty greetings all the same!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger boyhowdy said...

My own Coulton fave is the Ikea song, which rhymes "Norsemen" with "divorced men" and portrays the basic Ikea phenom with aplomb.

Also, of course, his cover of Baby Got Back is priceless.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Rikard said...

You also can't forget his Re Your Brains. The song has zombies. Zombies make anything better, and in this case, into genious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home