Thursday, July 27, 2006

E-BOOK: Poems Teachers Ask For

I love poetry. My tastes verge to the clasic side---lots of Victorians and other People Who Rhyme. So I can keep myself quite entertained with Project Gutenberg stuff when I want a poetry fix. My latest find is the anthology Poems Teachers Ask For. This gem of an anthology includes, as most anthologies of days of yore do, some classics that remain popular, and some finds that are obscure today, but delightful. For example, I was already familiar with these ones:
  • The Walrus and the Carpenter by Carroll
  • The Charge of the Light Brigade by Tennyson
  • Invictus by Henley
And in the "new discoveries" category, these were some I enjoyed:
  • Diffidence by Anonymous
  • Say Not the Struggle Not Availeth by Clough
  • The Cloud by Shelley
It's heavy on the epic stories, which really would be useful to the teachers this collection was aimed it. So if you like that sort of thing, or if you are just interested in exploring some poems that are, or were, popular---download and enjoy.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home