Thursday, July 06, 2006

E-BOOK: Five Children's Classics

I love reading books from Project Gutenberg on my handheld organizer. Many Books offers Gutenberg texts for download in a variety of formats including for Palm and for Ipod (as a notes file). The public domain goes beyond just Shakespeare and the Bible now! A lot of great early 20th century stuff---mysteries, pulp novels, that sort of thing---is now free for the taking. I will be posting about Gutenberg texts often, I suspect. Here are five great books for children to start things off.

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
The Story of my Life by Helen Keller
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home